Kentucky Lake Boat and Water Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in any type of boating or water related accident, contact us today for a free consultation. You will be connected directly to one of our experienced attorneys immediately.
Boating Accidents on Kentucky Lake
Two Recent Fatalities
Given the large recreational area that Kentucky Lake provides, there are times when boating accidents occur. A soldier from Fort Campbell died in a Kentucky Lake boating accident in May of 2018. A man from the Chicago area also died from a boating accident on the lake about a month later. Many boating accidents across Kentucky are caused by one or more of the following acts:
- Inexperienced operators, especially at night.
- Excessive speed when under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both.
- Failure to follow navigational rules.
- Failure to have a proper lookout as a second set of eyes to help avoid collisions with other boats, docks or piers..
- Operating a boat in poor weather conditions.
Common Boating Accident Injuries
Recreational boats aren’t like cars. They don’t have specially designed safety features like seat belts, air bags or crumple zones. Boats don’t even have brakes. In a collision at even 25 mph, an operator of a boat or a passenger can be violently thrown. Sometimes they even get thrown into the water and drown. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, 86 percent of all boating accident drowning victims weren’t wearing a life jacket when they went into the water. For those who survive a boating accident, here are some of the more common injuries that they suffer:
- Traumatic brain injuries that might be permanent.
- Spinal cord injuries with a high likelihood of permanency.
- Multiple fractures requiring multiple surgeries.
- Organ damage requiring surgery.
- Deep lacerations, especially to the head and face.
- Dental injuries.
If you were injured or lost a family member in a boating accident anywhere in Kentucky, you’ll want to arrange for a free consultation and case review with a qualified and experienced Kentucky boat accident attorney from our offices. We can discuss the details of your case and how we might be able to obtain the compensation for your injuries and damages that you deserve. If we enter into a retainer agreement with you, not a single penny is required from you up front. In fact, we don’t get paid any legal fees at all unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you. Contact us right away after being injured or losing a loved one in any Kentucky boating accident.