Lexington Walmart Slip-And-Fall Accident Lawyers
With companies like Amazon and Instacart out there, it’s amazing how families still flock to Walmart every week. In Lexington, there are at least three supercenters offering shoppers everything from cereal, electronics, fast food, and every other household need. And if you only need groceries, Walmart even has two of their neighborhood market grocery stores conveniently placed in the city.
We’ve gotten used to the Walmart mega-mart style of service and selection, but if you’re only looking at the shelves you may miss some hazards that can cause you to slip or trip, bringing an end to your shopping trip with unbearable pain.
Slip-And-Fall Accident Dangers On Walmart Floors
If you’ve ever been in a Walmart at the end of a busy day you may notice that customers can be hard on the floors. Children can dribble 32oz. drinks down an entire aisle and they can drop candy. Shoppers can track puddles in the front door. The produce section can spring a leak and have slippery fruit on the tile. Some of these hazards may even extend to the parking lot.
No matter where you are and what time of day, Walmart’s owners and operators owe you a duty of care when you visit. That means every step of the journey from the car to the back bathrooms should be cleaned up of spills and merchandise should be picked up. If managers and employees fail in these duties and you get hurt, this billion-dollar company can be held responsible for your injuries under the concept of premises liability.
If you do get seriously injured in a fall inside or outside a Walmart, you may not automatically be told all of your options. A giant company like Walmart will have its own team of lawyers and insurance adjusters who might have their own outlook on how much compensation you should get. Contact a local Slip-and-Fall accident attorney with Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, to get the truth on what you should be demanding after an injury.
What to Do After a Fall at a Lexington Walmart
These lawyers for Walmart get paid to question your account of what happened and get you to give up your right to compensation. To make sure they can’t get away with their standard tricks it’s important to document everything at the scene of your slip-and-fall.
If you are feeling well enough, or if someone will help you, try to start a simple fact-gathering session:
- Call paramedics if you feel you need immediate care.
- Us your phone to capture visual evidence of the hazard that caused your fall. Get photographic evidence before it can be cleaned up or repaired.
- Alert a manager. Someone will need to file an accident report as is Walmart policy. You will be using the report later to build your case.
- Get contact info from witnesses. Witnesses may be willing to write down a statement or give a statement on a video you take with your phone. Walmart employees may also want to help.
- See your doctor. The best proof of the severity of your injuries will be medical reports from a physician. You may need surgery or physical therapy just to regain your mobility.
Compensation from Walmart after a Slip-And-Fall Accident
The amount of compensation you should expect from Walmart will depend on how severe your injuries are and how great Walmart’s failure to protect you turns out to be. You can sit down with your attorney to decide what you think is fair. Remember, you shouldn’t have to pay anything for the hospital care you receive for an injury that wasn’t your fault.
If your attempt to hold Walmart responsible is successful many of the hardships you’ve endured can be compensated. These are just some of the possibilities:
- Hospital bills and any medical expenses incurred in the years to come.
- Costs associated with a permanent physical disability like medical equipment, physical therapy, and career training.
- Earnings you’ve lost from missing work.
- Emotional Distress. You may be dealing with depression or anxiety and just a loss of enjoyment of life.
- Damage or destruction of property.
- Travel Costs. Any travel you must do as you visit different doctors and therapists in different cities.
Contact a Lexington Slip-And-Fall Lawyer
Talk to a Lexington Slip-And-Fall Injury Attorney you can trust to be on your side and fight for your fair compensation. The attorneys at Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, have the knowledge and a combined 100 years’ experience in helping clients take on giant chains like Walmart to get what’s only fair for those that have been hurt. To discuss your case for a free evaluation, contact Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC today, by clicking here to contact them online.