Slip-And-Fall Accidents At Marathon Gas Stations in Lexington
The familiar red, white, and blue of Marathon gas stations are seen on many street corners around Lexington. Their stores make for a quick pullover when you need gas, drinks, snacks, or even a bathroom break. People usually don’t stay very long, but many don’t realize how many hazards can threaten your wellbeing during a stop at Marathon.
If you are ever seriously hurt in a slip-and-fall accident at a gas station around Lexington the best thing you can do is talk to a local attorney. The attorneys with Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, of Lexington have an extensive background in helping fall victims get back on their feet physically and financially after an accident.
A national chain like Marathon may have corporate lawyers and insurance agents claiming your recovery costs are your own concern. Having an experienced slip-and-fall lawyer on your side can force a gas station company to take responsibility for their mistake and offer you the support that’s only fair for what you’ve endured. Contact us for a free case evaluation today.
Marathon Gas Station Slip-And-Fall Liability
Marathon Petroleum Corporation boasts over two dozen locations in and around Lexington. And as their gas stations have gotten bigger and bigger and offered more and more, they’ve also added to the number of ways you can get hurt on their premises.
Under premises liability laws business and property owners must clean up and repair obstacles that could cause you to slip or trip and injure yourself. If they don’t uphold this duty in a reasonable amount of time and you get hurt, owners, proprietors, and corporations can all be held accountable for the cost of your recovery.
Customers may dribble coke across the floor as they leave, but it’s still up to management and staff to monitor for these hazards before your foot has a chance to find a slick spot. A bathroom floor may drop you hard to the tile and cause a broken bone or a traumatic brain injury.
A trip on a pothole in the parking lot could leave you with an injured knee you can’t even bend. These injuries can all lead to months of expensive medical care that should be the responsibility of the gas station.
What to Do if You Take a Fall at a Lexington Gas Station
A giant gas station like Marathon will have a team of lawyers working to place the blame for your fall squarely on you. They may also delay their response to your accident so that you become more and more desperate and will accept any lowball settlement offer they make you.
A personal injury lawyer will defend you from these tactics to make sure you get all of the compensation you’ll need to recover and financially survive while missing perhaps weeks of work. You can also help build a strong case by taking action right after your fall.
If you’re feeling up to it, try to secure this evidence:
- See to Your Injury – Assess how badly you’re hurt and call 911 if necessary. Give paramedics a full report on what happened and your pain.
- Take Pictures – Show the obstacle that caused your slip-and-fall. These hazards get cleaned up and repaired quickly once a manager sees them. Take pics of any visible injuries. Get someone to help you with this task if you aren’t physically strong enough to do it yourself.
- Make sure a Store Incident Report is Written Up — Alert the owner or the shift manager. They will need to complete an accident report for their bosses. Don’t give a lot of detail about who is a fault for the accident or your injuries. You probably won’t know who’s in the right or wrong or how badly your injuries are right away.
- Talk to Witnesses – Anyone who saw you fall or can testify that the obstacle existed will provide valuable testimony. Find out how they can be reached later.
- Keep Evidence – Keep any receipts from your visit to the gas station that day. Keep the shoes you were wearing when you fell and don’t wear them again in case they are needed as evidence.
- Make an Appointment with your Physician – Document every pain and point out injuries that arise in the days after the accident.
- Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer – In an accident case involving a national chain of gas stations, you could quickly be up against corporate lawyers and insurance adjusters. Get legal representation on your side so that you don’t get taken advantage of. Go over your case with an attorney before offering any statement to a Marathon representative. These statements can be used to discredit your case and as a reason to deny you compensation.
Contact a Slip-And-Fall Lawyer Serving Lexington
The Lexington Gas Station Slip-And-Fall Attorneys with Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, have a combined 100 years of experience winning their clients substantial settlements and verdicts. We know this compensation is absolutely vital to victims who are trying to recover physically, emotionally, and financially. For a free consultation on your case contact Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC today.
Our attorneys believe that all residents of Kentucky deserve quality legal representation, so you pay nothing upfront and won’t owe us a thing unless we win or earn a settlement for your claim.