Home » Blog » How to get a car accident report from Kentucky State Police

How to get a car accident report from Kentucky State Police

By Tiger on

When you are injured in an accident and it isn’t your fault, call us for a free consultation as soon as possible.  If we are retained as your attorney, our team will obtain your Kentucky State Police (KSP) accident report while you focus on getting better. We handle car accident cases everywhere that KSP reports accidents.

How to get a car accident report from Kentucky State Police:

Accident reports are available to people involved in the accident, their insurers or attorneys retained to represent them. To obtain your accident report in person you will need your accident report number from KSP and ID, and to obtain the report online via BuyCrash.com you will only need your driver’s license number.  Not all reports are available in person, so call first. Pickup addresses are below.

Reports, when available to be picked up in person, will be available at one of 16 “posts”. The posts are available on KSPs Post Page. For example, Louisville is in Jeffersony County which is Post 4, and the reports, if available, would be located at:
Kentucky State Police
1055 North Mulberry
Elizabethtown, Kentucky 22701

If you need general assistance obtaining a report for property damage claims or aren’t sure where to get the report, contact KSP’s Records Branch at 502-227-8700.

Related Articles:

Share This Page

Tell a friend:

    Free Case Evaluation


    Your privacy is important to us.

    Our no fee promise

    With the NO FEE PROMISE, you never pay us a fee unless we win or settle your case Call us for a free consultation.

    Injured? Speak directly to a personal injury lawyer. The injury case evaluation is always free.Learn more.