Louisville Car Accident Attorneys
Talk to a Lawyer Today: Call (800) 937-8443
A car accident can occur within a split second, but the affects of a car accident can be felt long after the initial moment of impact. Likewise, it’s not just the drivers who are affected by an accident. In many cases, an entire family’s future can be jeopardized by a careless turn of the steering wheel.
So you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault. Now what?
First, take a deep breath – you’ve come to the right place. The legal team at Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC has over 90 years of combined experience successfully representing injured clients in Kentucky and Indiana. Unlike many law firms whose lawyers only have arbitration or settlement experience, our Louisville injury lawyers have actual trial experience. Let us put our well-earned legal experience to work on your claim so you can get the compensation you deserve. Call (502) 458-5555 or (800) 937-8443 today for a free consultation with an actual attorney. At Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, you pay no fees unless we win or settle your claim.
You have insurance, so there’s nothing to worry about, right?
A car accident can be a wake-up call for a driver who believed their insurance company’s benevolent slogans and promises. Make no mistake, insurance companies are much more concerned about their bottom line than they are about putting your life back together.
Damages from a Car Accident - The Ripple Effect
As we mentioned before, a car accident can adversely impact the lives of many people. For instance, if your injuries are severe enough to prevent you from working for a period of time, how will you pay your mortgage, feed your family, pay your mounting medical bills, or repair your car? Will you have to deplete your savings or dip into your children’s college funds to pay the bills? At Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, we don’t think that’s right. Our car accident lawyers will consider the following damages to determine the amount of compensation you should be awarded:
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- All current and future medical bills related to your injuries (plastic surgeries, reconstructive surgeries, pain management, etc.)
- All costs related to your rehabilitation and recovery (physical therapy, wheelchairs, wheelchair ramps, oxygen tanks, etc.)
- Permanent injury or disability
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Reduced earning potential
- Mental anguish and emotional duress
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Out of pocket expenses (rental car or taxi while your vehicle is being replaced or repaired, etc.)
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages for family in the unfortunate event that the accident causes the death of a family member.
As you can see, the actual costs of a car accident can add up to much more than merely doctor bills and vehicle repairs. Our proven record of successful results includes a $2.1 million settlement for a 35-year-old male who suffered a severe spinal injury in an accident. Remember, insurance companies often attempt to settle car accident lawsuits before you call an experienced attorney and for much less money than the case is worth. Don’t let this happen to you.
Who Can Be Held Liable for My Injuries?
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, a number of parties can be held liable, including:
- The driver of the vehicle that caused the accident
- The employer of the driver of the vehicle that caused the accident
- Your own insurance company for uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- An insurance company who denies your claim or offers you an insufficient amount of compensation
- The manufacturer of a faulty vehicle or vehicle part (tires, brakes, airbags, etc.)
- The entity that designed or built the roadway
- The entity charged with maintaining the roadway
- The estate of an uninsured or underinsured driver
- Any other party that can be shown to have contributed to the cause of the accident
- The bar or restaurant that over served the drunk driver that caused the accident
While it may be simpler to just assume the liable party will take responsibility and make fair settlement offer to you that is rarely the case - even with your own insurance company. This is why it is so important to have experienced, qualified, tenacious, and aggressive attorneys representing you.
How Our Auto Accident Attorneys Can Help
When you retain us, we will determine the amount of all your present and future costs arising from your accident, and present that figure to the responsible party or their insurer. If they don’t respond with a reasonable offer, we will go to trial and fight for you in court. Remember, insurance companies hire lawyers whose job is to get claims reduced or denied. You deserve to have a skilled and experienced attorney on your side, too.
When you give us a call at (800) 937-8443, a member of our personal injury team will answer the phone and have you talk with one of our experienced Louisville auto accident lawyers, immediately. There will be no waiting around or being handed off to people who won’t handle your case. We’re also always standing by to answer your questions through our Live Chat feature.
Get in touch with us today and Get the Tiger on Your Side!
- Car Accident Blogs
- Prepping Your Car for Rainy Kentucky Weather
- 16-18% of Drivers Are Uninsured
- Kentucky Driving Laws
- Kentucky Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing
Our no fee promise
With the NO FEE PROMISE, you never pay us a fee unless we win or settle your case Call us for a free consultation.